Sunday, January 17, 2010

Taking a Stand

Taking a stand for what you believe is right is not always easy. In fact, taking a stand is sometimes the hardest thing a person can do in his or her life. However, after taking stand, most people receive a great boost in his or her personal bank account.



On occasion I have had to take a stand for members of my own family. One such occasion occurred several months ago. I was with a close family friend and he began to talk about my sister Anna in a very negative way. After a few minutes of jokes about her mannerisms and intelligence, I told him to stop talking like about my sister like that. Hearing my outburst, he decided to stop and we continued having a fun afternoon.



This small stand for my sister compelled the close friend never really talked about my sister in that way again. The stand also had another effect, I felt like a better person for the rest of the day.

1 comment: