Sunday, January 24, 2010

Enough Already

After a full year in office, many people are starting to write President Obama off as a bad president. I, for one, am sick and tired of these allegations. The only thing Obama has done wrong is not end one of the worst economic situation in American history, not fixed the nation's health care problem, and not ended the current war.

People in our time all want instant gratification. Wanting instant gratification, leads to no patience. This lack of patience has cause most of America to become a critic of President Obama. I would like to see the critics come in and fix all the problems of the current age in a single year. My guess is they cannot and would be facing the same criticisms as Obama is today.

Some people may argue that with a completely democrat run congress, fixing all the problems should be easy. These people are wrong. Writing bills and brainstorming the best solutions takes time. Time that President Obama has not had.

Patience, a virtue, will cause people to realize that the president is not a horrible leader, but has problems to fix that take longer than a measly year. With patience the people will also see how good President Obama will be for the United States in the years to come.

3 comments:

  1. Your voice read this to me in my head and it sounded angry haha. But I totally agree with you. Everyone just needs to shut up about this because he's doing the best he can under the circumstances. No one else in his position could do any better.
    Also, I just want you to know that my favorite part was "patience, a virtue" [[:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my favorite part too. I forgot about the phrases so I added that in at the very end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question for nelson: do you practice the virtue of patience???

    ReplyDelete