Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cross Examination

Mom: "We are going to clean out your closet today."
Me: "Ugh"

We go down into my room and open my closet door.

Mom: "What is all this stuff!?"
Me: "I told you"
Mom: "Why is there a box of empty soda bottles and what is the deal with the piles of sheets?"
Me: "Like I said before, I told you."
Mom: "This closet is horrible. I mean you have boxes from when we moved."
Me: "So."
Mom: "We moved six years ago."

She digs deeper.

Mom: "So this is where all of suitcases went."
Me: "I didn't feel like taking them back upstairs.
Mom: "Why are there power tools in here?"
Me: "Dad gave them to me, and I didn't know what to do with them."

Mom: "I quit. You can do this yourself, or never. I don't even care anymore."

All people have things to hide.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds a little like Anthony's closet. I'm rather frightened to go in there...

    ReplyDelete