Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sylamo Bike Trail: First Time

This summer I went to the sylamo bike trails in Mountain View, AR. This wasn't my first trail ride but the first major one. We, my dad, brother, and I, went with some friends who loved the trail. We arrived and realized there had been a big storm that had blown lots of trees down across the trail. The red trail seemed the best fit for our first time. I later realized that the red trail was the easiest there but not an easy trail. We set out and the first twenty minutes were good. We rode about a mile and then my brother feel off his bike and rolled down a hill. He was fine but the tumble scared him. He decided to go back with my dad and wait until we got done. I was left with these friends who were more experienced riders than me. This didn't affect me much until I went over an uprooted tree and fell down cutting my leg. The fall did enough to slow me down and get behind the friends. I caught up when they decided to stop until I caught up. They had realized that the trail ahead was covered in leaves and debris. They decided that it was best to take one of the exit trails and leave early because of the poor trail conditions. The one mile ride to the exit trail was not so smooth. It was very slow going and I was tired from a day of running before. We finally made it out and I was ready to shower and sleep, the two ss's of riding.

All in all the trail was awesome, but my first time was not as good as it could have been due to the poor trail conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment