Friday, October 15, 2010

Reading Reflection

After completing the first nine weeks of independent reading, I have made several notes about my reading habit. My reading habit, has not improved. However, I read rather habitually already. I also noticed I was having trouble, at first, writing in my reading journal. My earliest entries mostly consisted of trivial pieces of information with no depth at all. I have improved at this, somewhat but I believe I will continue to get better with time. My reading "diet," on the other hand has improved substantially. Normally, I read "candy" reads with no real literary importance with the occasional biography thrown in the mix. The diversification of my reading has caused my to read somewhat more analytically. The biggest difference, I have noticed, is the amount of questions that pop into my head while I read. I question the style, themes, and even the author's choice of words. Next nine weeks, I would like to make a better effort at journaling. I would also like to read more articles. I found that I really enjoyed reading about current events and would like to continue.















1 comment:

  1. A fellow reading lover--I love it! I'm glad you're expanding your reading diet and learning to read more analytically. By the end of the year, you'll find it difficult to turn off the analytical thinking--even when you're just reading for pleasure!

    I encourage you to read more articles. Having a wide knowledge of current events and issues will enrich your background knowledge and deepen your understanding of texts. And, if you read articles from publications like The New York Times and Washington Post and The Onion, you'll no doubt pick up on the moves writer's make.

    ReplyDelete